The international activity of the Kazakh University of Economics, Finance and International Trade is aimed at integrating into the world educational and scientific community and enhancing the role of the University in the higher education system of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
This work is carried out within the framework of programs of cooperation with foreign universities, the implementation of international educational programs and projects, the implementation of joint research activities, the organization of scientific and practical seminars and conferences, the exchange of teaching staff and the development of student mobility.
In order to achieve the set goals, the Department of International Educational Programs and Academic Mobility was established in April 2012 at the University. The main objective of the department's activities is to strengthen the university's international relations, develop the principles of academic mobility of students and coordinate the issues of university participation in international projects.
International activities of the University are carried out in the following areas:
• Coordination of University activities with foreign universities on the basis of long-term contracts and short-term work programs;
• cooperation in the field of organization of education and coordination of training programs;
• organization of training of foreign citizens at the University for various training programs;
• organization of training and internships for students and staff of the University in foreign scientific, educational and other institutions;
• implementation of international projects and programs;
• Organization and maintenance of links between graduates of the University and other universities of the far and near abroad.
The Kazakh University of Economics, Finance and International Trade cooperates with many universities and organizations of the far and near abroad. Relations with embassies of foreign countries are established and maintained. At the moment 54 agreements on cooperation in the field of education with foreign higher educational institutions have been concluded.
Among the main partners of the University
• European university (European University, Switzerland);
• Solbridge international business school Woosong university (Solbridge International Business School, University of Wusong);
• The College of Customs and Logistics in Warsaw (College of Customs and Logistics in Warsaw, Poland);
• Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (Russian Federation);
• HTMi the School of International hotel and tourism management (School of International Hotel Management and Tourism, Switzerland);
• University of California, Riverside (University of California, Riverside);
• Ural State University of Economics;
• Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation and many others.
University since 2011 is a member of the international organizations EURASHE (European Association of Institutions in Higher Education) and ERA (European Retail Academy).