The Academic Council is an advisory body of the university. The activities of the Academic Council are based on the openness of collective discussion of issues on the implementation of educational, educational, methodological, research work, as well as educational work among students and work on the preparation of scientific and pedagogical personnel and advanced training that fall within its competence.
In its activities, the Scientific Council is guided by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Charter of EsU, as well as the Model Rules of the Academic Council of a higher educational institution (Order of the Acting Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 22, 2007, No. 574).
Meetings of the Academic Council are held at least once a month in accordance with the approved work plan for the corresponding academic year.
The objectives of the Academic Council are to develop priorities and principles for the development of the university, create a legislative mechanism for the quality training of graduates, preserve and increase the material resources and qualifications of employees, and the effective work of the team.
The main objectives of the Academic Council:
creating the necessary conditions for students and faculty of the University for the successful implementation of educational programs of higher and postgraduate education;
- ensuring high quality training of specialists in accordance with state general educational and international standards of higher and postgraduate education;
- ensuring financial viability, strengthening the material and technical base of the University;
- Promoting the further development of the University.
The main functions of the Academic Council:
- definition of the concept of university development;
- approval of the policy and development goals of the University;
- making changes and additions to the University Charter;
- approval of the structure of the University, its staffing;
- creation, reorganization and liquidation of educational and scientific units of the university (laboratories, departments, faculties, centers and others);
- hearing the annual reports of the rector, vice-rectors, heads of structural divisions on the forms and methods of conducting educational, research, educational, financial, economic, informational and international activities;
- the decision to open new areas of educational activity;
- consideration and recommendation for the publication of textbooks, teaching aids and educational and methodological developments;
- making a decision on transferring students from a paid department to an educational grant, providing benefits for tuition fees;
- approval of research topics and consolidation of scientific advisers to undergraduates and doctoral students;
- approval of the working curriculum, academic calendars, the schedule of the educational process and making changes to them;
- organization of control of the financial and economic activities of the university;
- consideration of questions on the representation of university employees, creative teams for government awards, honorary titles, academic ranks;
- consideration of other issues of the current activities of the university, requiring a collegial decision.