The university that presented the best specialists of the economic profile to independent Kazakhstan!
1999 — the year of foundation of the capital branch of Narkhoz (KazEU).
CATCH A KNOWLEDGE WAVE: YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING!
The meaning of re-naming
- The Esil River runs through Kazakhstan’s capital, not far from our University. The second major river in the republic: a sacred river connecting Ulytau, Saryarka and Northern Kazakhstan, a river bringing countries and regions together.
- In Kazakh, they say “‘esilip akkan su” – water jets twined with each other. We, by the way, want to train students with solid academic knowledge, flexible entrepreneurial skills and new ways of thinking.
- The lush green pastures in its valley (yashyl/jasyl) became the basis for the name of the river “Esil”, gold is the colour of wheat fields (“Altyn dan”) of the Great Steppe, what the Akmola land is famous for, in the Turkic toponymy and nomination “Altyn” (gold) means “the centre”. Therefore we have reflected them in the choice of colours for our University.
- Esil University aims to become a university that combines fundamental knowledge with practical training, providing an ideal environment for nurturing courageous and enterprising visionaries.
Our University has an institutional and specialised accreditation from Kazakhstani and international certification agencies. They are:
- IQAA* — Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education
- IAAR* — Independent Association of Accredited Registrars
- FIBAA Accredited by The International Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance (Germany)
More than 18,000 people have graduated from our University. According to the state pension payment centre, 82% of them are employed.
Esil University has entered into cooperation agreements with foreign universities and organisations:
- 33 from abroad
- 43 from near abroad
- 19 from Kazakhstan
The University implements a dual-degree programme in cooperation with partner universities:
- Woosong University (Daejeon, South Korea)
- Kangnam University (Daejeon, South Korea)
- EU Business School (Geneva, Switzerland)
- University of Economics and Human Sciences (Warsaw, Poland)
- Häme University of Applied Sciences (Hämeenlinna, Finland)
- JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä, Finland)
We have International Business School, MBA | EMBA (Master of Business administration | Executive Master of Business administration) and DBA Program (Doctor of Business Administration) programmes are included.
AFFORDABLE TUITION FEE
“HIGH-QUALITY EDUCATION CAN AND SHOULD BE AFFORDABLE”
- Flexible payment policy for students studying on a commercial basis (the possibility of instalment and quarterly payment).
- State educational grants are provided through an open contest.
- System of discounts and benefits up to 30%.
- Social and material support for orphans, students from large families, as well as special benefits for students from the same family.
- Fixed payment for the entire period of study. The contract price remains unchanged.
- Pay for tuition with an education loan.
Esil University is located in the historical part of the city with a developed infrastructure. Near the University there is the Rowing canal, a favourite place for quiet walks. Students who live in the dormitory appreciate its close location to the embankment, where you can spend a good time in a small and cosy park with a beautiful view of the city. Also, the area is considered safe due to its close location to Akorda, the residence of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Within walking distance there are pharmacies, cafes, shops, supermarkets, beauty salons, clinics and much more: the bare essentials for a comfortable life for students. University has a comfy dorm, address is: Nur-Sultan, Maykayin st., 2.
THE UNIVERSITY IS SCALING
Not only educationally, but also territorially!
Now the construction of a new academic building, which will combine a modern 16-storey dormitory with a sports and leisure centre, is in process. The territory of the new facility is located next to the current building of the University.